eGauge High Voltage Sensor (EV1000)
Requires the eGauge Sensor Hub and eGauge model EG4xxx (Pro or Core), not compatible with older model units.
The eGauge High Voltage sensor is used in conjunction with the Sensor Hub and an EG4xxx model meter (Core or Pro) which allows EG4xxx meters to read voltages up to 1,000 VDC or 707 VAC.
- CTid Enabled (w/ auto-configure and locator LED)
- Max Voltage: 1,000 VDC or 707 VAC
- Frequency Range: DC to 1.5KHz
- Accuracy: Better than 0.5%
- Wire size: Up to AWG 10
- Power supply (via Sensor Hub): 5V 100mA
- Temperature Range: -30 °C to 70 °C
- Output Interface: RJ-11 (CTid®) or 4-pin terminal block
- Output Signal: ± 0.5 V
- Mounting: Compatible with 35 mm wide, 7.5 mm tall DIN rails
- Dimensions: 90x36x60 mm3 (LxWxH)
- Weight: 60 grams
- UL 508 Ed. 18
- FCC Title 7 CFR Part 15 Subpart B Class B
- ICES-003 Information Technology Equipment Class B
- 1x eGauge High Voltage Sensor (EV1000)
- 1x 1’ RJ-11 cable for connection to Sensor Hub
- 4-pin Plug
The high voltage inputs to the EV1000 can be connected Line-to-Line or Line-to-Neutral as long as the voltage potential does not exceed 1,000 VDC or 707 VAC. Safety grounds cannot be used for voltage measurements.
Connection to EG4xxx Meter
- It is not advisable to extend the RJ11 leads from the Sensor to Sensor Hub. It is acceptable to use a longer RJ45 cable from the Sensor Hub to the eGauge.
- If RJ11 cable between Sensor and Sensor Hub must be extended, it is advisable to use twisted pair wires, such as a CAT5 cable with RJ11 plugs (most commonly used for DSL modems).
- If terminating own cables, both RJ11 and RJ45 cables should be straight-through cables, with the same color order on both ends.
Connection to non-eGauge meter inputs
Use the 4-pin connector next to the RJ11 port. +5 VDC and ground is required to power the sensor.
SIG+ and SIG- output a ±5V signal proportional to the line inputs.