AC Rope CTs (Rogowski Coil)
Rope CTs (technically called Rogowski Coils) are large, flexible sensors for monitoring current like split-core CTs. Rope CTs are installed similar to standard split-core CTs, where a connector on the rope allows it to be opened and placed around a conductor without needing to thread the conductor through it. For pricing and available models, visit the online store.
Rope CTs are designed for 20-30 amps or greater load. Lower amperage results in lower accuracy readings.
Face the arrow on the rope towards what you want to measure. Positive power polarity when power is against the arrow, and negative when it is the same direction the arrow points.
The position of the Rope CT on the conductor affects accuracy. See this article for more information.
Why use a Rope CT?
Rope CTs are excellent for bus-bars and large switch-gear applications that standard split-core CTs cannot fit around. Rope CTs are flexible and easy to install but require a minimum amperage of approximately 30A for accuracy.
- Operates 50Hz/60Hz
- Accurate within 1% from 30A to stated current rating
- Maximum primary insulation up to 600 Vrms
- 2m (6.5') wire lead with CT connector
- Notes: 30A minimum current required at all times.
- No external integrator required
- 1x Rope CT with built-in 8 foot leads and 2-pin plug affixed
See the Installation Overview Tips to get started.