AC Split-Core CTs (J&D)
AC split-core CTs measures the amperage of a conductor on an AC (alternating current) system. Combined with voltage measurements, this allows calculation of power and energy values. AC CTs provided by eGauge are split-core, meaning they can be wrapped around a conductor instead of having to disconnect the conductor and feed it through the CT. For pricing and available models, see the online store.
This article covers CT diameters from 10mm (.39") to 36mm (1.42"). For larger sized CTs, see the Rope CT article or Large 50mm (2.00") CT article. It is recommended to use Rope CTs over the 50mm split-core CTs.
For C0.6 certified high-accuracy split-core CTs, see the High-Accuracy CT product page.
- 333 mVrms at rated output
- Accurate within 1% from 1% to 100% of rated amperage
- Operates 50Hz/60Hz
- Maximum primary insulation up to 600 Vrms
- 8' twisted pair lead with CT connector
- 1x J&D split-core CT with built-in 8 foot leads and 2-pin plug affixed
See the Installation Overview Tips to get started.