HomePlug AV Adapter (TRENDnet TPL-406E)
Current manufacturer information: TRENDnet model TPL-406E
The HomePlug AV adapter is used by compatible eGauge models to bring network communication over the existing building power lines. The HomePlug AV adapter plugs directly into a 120V outlet, connects to the router/switch using Ethernet, and allows compatible eGauge models to communicate over the the building's electrical wiring.
- HomePlug communication is only recommended for residential use, and is not needed when using an alternative communication method, such as Ethernet direct, cellular, or WiFi.
- Ensure HomePlug adapter is powered by same phase as eGauge meter L1 connection and is not more than 100 feet of wiring distance from the eGauge meter.
- Do not plug HomePlug adapter into surge protector or UPS.
- Do not push or hold the button on the HomePlug adapter without full knowledge of pair/reset process. Pushing the button on the HomePlug adapter may result in communication loss.
- The HopmePlug AV is only for EG301x and EG41xx (Pro/Core Residential). eGauge2 models cannot use this HomePlug. Contact eGauge Support if you are unsure what model you have.
- HomePlug AV adapter
- 5-foot Ethernet cable
- Connect the HomePlug adapter to an outlet powered by the same phase as the eGauge L1 near the network router/switch.
- Connect the Ethernet from the HomePlug adapter to the network router/switch.
- All HomePlug devices and eGauge meters come with the same default encryption key of "HomePlugAV", and should link up if they have not been modified or paired with the push button pairing process.
Software configuration Information
The HomePlug adapter and eGauge can be paired with a unique encryption key. See this article for more information.