Cellular Modem (Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07)
The Multitech cellular offering has been replaced by the Inhand Networks IR615 cellular modem starting in November 2020.
Current manufacturer information: Multitech model MTE-LAT6-B07
A compatible T-Mobile dataplan can be purchased through eGauge Systems. eGauge cannot guarantee support for dataplans from other parties.
Metered (not unlimited) data plans can accrue charges for data overages. eGauge recommends against using metered data plans without extensive testing for data usage. Data usage is not fully predictable and will greatly vary with interface access. See this article for additional information on data usage.
The Multitech cellular modem is a cellular to Ethernet modem that can provide the eGauge unit with internet access on a 4G LTE T-Mobile or AT&T network.
- Cellular: T-Mobile LTE Cat. 4
- Operating Temperature range: -10°C to +50°C
- Relative humidity: 10% to 85% operating / 5% to 90% storage
- Multitech cellular modem kit
- 1x Multitech cellular modem
- 2x Antenna
- 1x 120V Power Adapter
- 1x Ethernet cable
- 4x Rubber feet stickers
- 1x DIN rail mounting stick
- Cellular router accessory Kit
- 2x Rubber O-Ring
- 2x Extension Cable (short, SMA)
- 1x DIN rail mounting clips (black)
- Ensure both antennas are connected to the modem
- Do not install the antennas inside a metal enclosure, underground, or anywhere the signal may be blocked or degraded
If a dataplan is purchased at the same time as the Multitech cellular modem, the modem will come with the SIM card installed and pre-activated on the T-Mobile network.
Example setup for installing inside enclosure
- If using a non-eGauge data plan, insert the SIM card to the cellular modem according to the Multitech quick start guide that comes with the modem.
- If applicable, attach the DIN rail mounting stick and DIN rail clips to the Multitech cellular modem and mount in the enclosure.
- Connect the 2 SMA antenna extension cables to the Multitech antenna ports, and into pre-drilled holes on the enclosure. Use the 2 rubber O-rings to make a watertight seal.
- Attach the 2 antennas to the extension cables.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the eGauge to the Multitech cell modem.
- Plug the power supply into a 120V outlet and the barrel jack to the Multitech modem.
Software configuration Information
When purchased with a dataplan, eGauge Systems pre-configures and tests the modems with the T-Mobile data plan purchased.
- Multitech Cell Modem Configuration and troubleshooting (MTE-LAT6-B07, and MTE-LAT2-B07 models)
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 Spec sheet
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 User Guide
- Multitech MTE-LAT6-B07 Quick Start Guide