Pulse Sensor (EPS)
Requires the eGauge Sensor Hub and eGauge model EG4xxx (Pro or Core), not compatible with older model units.
Only use straight-through RJ-11 cables to connect powered sensors to the Sensor Hub. Telephone systems generally use "reverse" style RJ-11 cables which are incompatible with the Sensor Hub. See this article for more information on verifying the correct RJ-11 wiring. Every Sensor Hub compatible sensor sold by eGauge Systems comes with a straight-through RJ-11 cable.
The eGauge Pulse Sensor is used in conjunction with the Sensor Hub and an EG4xxx model meter (Core or Pro) to record pulse output data from devices such as water and gas meters. The Pulse Sensor can accept standard 2-wire pulse outputs or 3-wire 5-volt Hall effect pulse outputs.
- CTid Enabled (w/ auto-configure and locator LED)
- Compatible with 2-wire pulse output and 3-wire 5-volt Hall effect pulse output
- Up to 600Hz max pulse rate
- 4.7 kΩ pull-up resistor between Signal and 2V
- Signal pin: open- 2V; closed- 0V
- -30 °C to 70 °C
- Humidity range: Up to 80%
- Extruded aluminum Case
- 26 x 26 x 40 (mm), 1.02 x 1.02 x 1.57 (in.)
- 7' RJ-11 cable for Sensor to Sensor Hub
- 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B – Unintentional Radiators, Class B for Home or
- US Patent # 10560763
- 1x eGauge Pulse Sensor
- 1x 3-pin input plug
- 1x 7’ RJ-11 cable for connection to Sensor Hub
- It is not advisable to extend the RJ11 leads from the Sensor to Sensor Hub. It is acceptable to use a longer RJ45 cable from the Sensor Hub to the eGauge.
- If RJ11 cable between Sensor and Sensor Hub must be extended, it is advisable to use twisted pair wires, such as a CAT5 cable with RJ11 plugs (most commonly used for DSL modems).
- If terminating own cables, both RJ11 and RJ45 cables should be straight-through cables, with the same color order on both ends.