RS485 to Ethernet Converter (BF430)
Current manufacturer information: Chiyu model BF-430
EG4xxx (Pro and Core) are recommended to utilize the eGauge USB485 (serial to USB) adapter instead if possible.
Power can be provided (9-30V) to either terminals or barrel jack plug. eGauge sells a compatible 12Vdc power supply.
The Chiyu BF-430 is an RS-485/RS-232 to Ethernet converter. It is required for serial communication to third-party devices (for example, Modbus RTU) on older eGauge models without USB ports or to communicate over a network rather than serial line directly to the eGauge.
- BF430 RS485 to Ethernet Converter
- 4-pin power/serial connector
Do not apply power to both barrel jack and voltage terminals.
Serial settings are configured in software on the BF-430 and must be set correctly through web interface for use.
- Set the DIP switch in the upper left to 485 (or 232, if using the RS232 terminal connections).
- Connect the Ethernet (RJ45) to the local network.
- Connect the 485+ and 485- to the appropriate connections on the remote serial device (or RS232 if used instead).
- Apply power to the BF-430 using a barrel jack or 9~30V+ and 9~30V- terminals appropriately.