DC Split-Core CTs (eGauge DC CTs)
eGauge DC CTs (model ESD-xxx-yyyy) measure the amperage on the conductor of a DC (direct current) system. Combined with DC voltage measurements (through the DC port on the eGauge meter, or the high voltage EV1000 sensor) this allows DC power and DC energy calculations. DC CTs do not need to be used in conjunction with DC voltage measurements to simply measure amperage.
eGauge Systems currently offers 16mm 50A, 24mm 100A, and 36mm 300A DC CTs.
The eGauge DC CTs contain CTid for auto-detection and has an onboard LED that can be used to identify which CT is connected to a given sensor port, which can be useful if the CT leads cannot be traced from the meter to the conductors being monitored.
eGauge DC CTs require a Sensor Hub and are compatible with EG4xxx (Core and Pro) series. Legacy model meters (eGauge2, EG30xx) are not compatible.
|eGauge Split-Core DC CT model ESD-016-0050. The CTid LED can be seen on the bottom of the CT illuminated in blue.|
- Linearity: Better than 2%
- Offset Error: Better than 1.5% of range
- Operating Temperature: -25 °C to 75 °C, 85% RH non-condensing
- 5' lead (RJ-11 terminated to connect to Sensor Hub)
- 1x ESD DC CT w/ attached 5' lead
When current flows with the direction of the arrow, a positive amperage will be read. When current flows against the arrow, the amperage will read negative.
- Be sure to see the Installation Overview Tips to get started.
- Physically install the CT and connect to the Sensor Hub. Follow these instructions for Sensor Hub connection. Note: The DC CT is a powered sensor and the Sensor Hub requires +5V or a USB for power (the USB port on the eGauge meter may be used for this).
- After installation see Configuring CTid Enabled Sensors