DC (Direct Current) CTs
DC CTs measure Direct Current, as opposed to Alternating Current like standard split-core CTs monitor. Direct Current CTs are available in both split-core and solid-core versions. The DC CTs currently offered are Hall Effect style, uni-directional and require a 12Vdc power supply and special leads provided by eGauge. For pricing and available models, see the online store.
Please see the wiring information sheet before installing. Use of special leads (provided) are required for use with the eGauge. Damage may occur if installed without leads or improperly.
- Basic Accuracy: 1.0 %
- Linearity: 10% to 100% FS
- Thermal Drift: 500 PPM/°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +50°C
- Installation Category: CAT II
- Isolation Voltage: 3500KVRMS/1mA/1Sec
- Response Time: 250 ms
- Insulation Voltage: 2500 VDC
- Supply Voltage: 12 VDC ±10%
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- 1x 12V DC CT
- 1x 8' twisted pair leads w/ resistor and 2-pin plug affixed
- 1x 12Vdc power supply
The DC CT outputs 4-20mA and requires special leads to convert the signal. Damage may occur if installed without leads or improperly.
- The manufacturer offers both 12Vdc and 24Vdc versions; eGauge supplies the 12Vdc version.
- The direction of current matters; the DC CT will read up to 100% of the current rating if current flows in the "X" and out the "O" side; reversing this will cause the DC CT to read at maximum 20% of the current rating.
See the Installation Overview Tips to get started.
- To wire the DC CTs, follow the DC CT wiring instructions.