eGauge Display Caster
The eGauge Display Caster provides an easy method display an eGauge meter device interface on a TV or monitor via HDMI through an easy-to-use interface.
The Display Caster has a USB input for power, USB inputs for keyboard and mouse for initial configuration, and an HDMI output to connect to a TV or monitor. Network/internet connection can be obtained through built-in 2.4GHz WiFi or an Ethernet-direct connection.
Once the Display Caster is configured, the saved eGauge device interface will be displayed after automatically recovering from a power outage or communication loss.
- USB-C powered*
- USB for keyboard and mouse
- Micro-HDMI to HDMI output*
- 2.4GHz b/g/n
* Versions shipped prior to 2023-08-18 are powered by Micro-USB and have a full-size HDMI port
- eGauge Display Caster
- USB-C to USB-A for power*
- 120V to USB-C power adapter for power*
- Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable*
- Printed Manual
- Velcro for mounting
* Versions shipped prior to 2023-08-18 include a Micro-USB to USB-A cable, 120V to Micro-USB adapter, and HDMI cable instead
The default password for the display caster is printed on the paper attached to the manual, as well as inside the box with the eGauge Display Caster. The password can be changed during setup.
Do not leave keyboard/mouse, or USB ports accessible in public kiosk display
- Connect keyboard and mouse via USB
- Connect HDMI to television or monitor
- Apply power using the 120V supply adapter, or USB-to-USB cable
- Configure network, timezone, and device to display and save as default (see Display Caster Manual for software setup information).
Software configuration Information
- Ensure timezone is set correctly
- Ensure default kiosk is saved
Follow the Display Caster Manual for software setup.
Connect a keyboard and use the following key combination.
shift+escape, f, r, tab one at a time.