TP-Link Access Point Setup (TL-WA801ND)
For full documentation and other support issues, please visit the TP-Link website at http://www.tp-link.com/. The full TP-Link manual as of the writing of this article is available here. Please visit TP-Links website for the most up to date information.
- Attach the included two antennas to the back of the access point. Ensure the connections are not loose.
- Power the TP-Link TL-WA801ND using the barrel jack or PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) injector, and connect a computer to the access point using an Ethernet cable (if using the PoE injector, connect the LAN port to your computer, and the POE port to the access point).
- Ensure all wireless interfaces are disabled on the computer (such as WiFi and Bluetooth) and that DHCP is enabled on the Ethernet interface. Open a web browser and access the TL-801ND by visiting
- Log in using username admin and password admin and choose Login.
- Click Quick Setup from the left side, then Next.
- Change the admin password if desired and choose Next.
The access point has been configured and the eGauge may be connected via Ethernet for network communication.
- I cannot reach the eGauge on the proxy server or locally.
- I don't see my network listed in the quick setup network list, or the signal is weak or inconsistent.
Ensure the two antennas are secured on the back of the unit and that the wireless network is within range of the access point.
- I do not have network access through the TP-Link access point, or the network information has changed and I cannot access the configuration interface.
Perform a factory reset on the TP-Link access point by using a paperclip or pin and holding down the recessed reset button on the back of the unit, release the button when all the LEDs turn off or flash. Then, re-configure the unit using the steps in this article.